If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
PROJECT MANAGER/Estimator (Asphalt)
To bid and manage projects in the company's work area in order to achieve lowest bid and highest price that the market will allow.EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Four year degree preferred in construction management or engineering from an accredited college or equivalent
2. Minimum 3 years estimating and project management experience
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame
2. Reviews project proposals to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
3. Establishes work plan and staffing and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
4. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
5. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel.
6. Reviews status report and prepares project reports.
7. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
8. Meet with customers and satisfy their needs
9. Research jobs to be bid including reviewing Construction Bulletin
10. Meet with subcontractors
11. Prepare bid documents
12. Monitor subcontractors work
13. Monitor upcoming work
14. Create project schedule & monitor projects from bid to completion
15. Reconcile vendor statements monthly to assure all invoices are paid
16. Attend bid lettings
17. Prepare billings & collections
18. Manage projects (responsible for all projects bid unless reassigned)
19. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
20. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production with co -workers and managers/supervisors
21. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.