|Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! We take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Concrete General Superintendent on our Concrete team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package.
|EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. High School or GED plus higher trade or technical school or equivalent in related field.
2. Plant maintenance and operation.
3. Electrical knowledge.
4. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
1. Oversee two concrete plants and crews.
2. Knowledge of safe operation of concrete plants.
3. Identify appropriate material to produce quality concrete material per job specifications.
4. Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends.
5. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
6. Lead and manage plant operators and managers
7. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
8. Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
9. Accurately complete plant reports and other documentation as needed.
10. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance. Maintain safe working environment and foster safety culture, ensure good housekeeping skills and lockout/Tagout procedures. When needed, accompany employee to medical facility when injured and manage work comp claim by working closely with medical provider on treatment plan.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
|* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *|