Project Manager – Building Science
Reports To: Department Manager
Location: Denver, CO
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
My client is a leading global provider of building and forensic science experts who provide a comprehensive and diverse range of engineering, rehabilitative design, consulting, enclosure commissioning (BECx), construction management, and field performance testing services. They have a reputation as a trusted advisor and industry leader that has contributed to their unprecedented growth and expansion over the past 3 years.
The Building Science Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, performing, and overseeing all aspects of Building Science projects. This role will be primarily responsible for overseeing multiple projects, providing building enclosure-related 3rd
party consulting and testing services to clients while providing leadership, mentorship, and training to Specialists and Technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Act as trusted advisor to Clients and prospective Clients; own and develop the Client relationship
- Proactively keep clients and stakeholders informed of project status and changes
- Assume full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, budget and execution
- Perform project tracking and quality control including; regular project status reviews of actual vs planned; facilitating project status and design review meetings internally and with client; take appropriate actions to address variance to project plan; follow standardized procedures for change orders and all Company processes/procedures
- Manage direct reports. Includes training/mentoring, reviewing reports, managing schedules, monthly 1-on-1’s, developing and leading 90-day and annual reviews
- Conduct site evaluations and /or Quality Assurance observations and reporting
- Prepare and/or review Construction Documents, to include drawings and specifications as designer of record or as 3rd party peer reviewer, specifically for building envelope and architectural systems.
- Confer with project team and provide technical and directional advice as needed
- Manage time and resources effectively using the department look ahead planner; maintain and communicate schedule
- Perform and/or oversee the planning and execution of building envelope related field testing (ASTM E783, E1105, E779, AAMA 501.2, etc.)
- Explore opportunities to enhance service with or up sale existing clients/projects
- Ensure personal utilization consistently averages at 90%
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in civil or structural engineering, construction or architecture preferred
- P.E./AIA or other relevant licensure preferred
- Certification in industry-specific technical areas (roofing, fenestrations, waterproofing, commissioning)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in building envelope consulting industry required
- Specialized focus in 5 or more industry areas of technical expertise (roofing, cost estimating waterproofing, fenestration, etc) preferred
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Must have practical understanding of building enclosure systems, specifically roofing, waterproofing, claddings, fenestration, and air/water/thermal/vapor barriers.
- Excellent skills in technical writing and oral communication
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Must have ability to lead and contribute to team in a collaborative, interactive environment
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail, and consistency in work product
- Previous experience working with project invoicing and budget management
- Preferred proficiency in one or more design/modeling software programs, including AutoCAD; Bluebeam®, WUFI, THERM, etc.
- Travel is required
- Must be able to independently lift 25 lbs.
Company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.