Forensic Structural Engineer-Dallas, TX
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
My client is a leading global provider of building and forensic science experts who provide a comprehensive and diverse range of engineering, rehabilitative design, consulting, enclosure commissioning (BECx), construction management, and field performance testing services. They have a reputation as a trusted advisor and industry leader that has contributed to their unprecedented growth and expansion over the past 3 years.
The Structural Engineer
is responsible for civil and structural forensic consultation and investigation. The responsibilities for this position include scheduling, performing site evaluations, field analysis and assessments of structural systems, and civil grading and drainage for possible causations of distress. The investigations require visual, as well as intrusive examination and as-built condition assessments with conclusions, repair recommendations and review of cost analysis performed by other specialists on the team. This position requires building and maintaining client relationships, including independent client interaction and consulting with design and construction professionals when required. As is the company's culture, this position includes both leading and at times being a member of company project teams. Some regional and national travel is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Engineering or related area
- Licensed Professional Engineer(PE)
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and subcontractors
- Must have practical understanding of building structures
- Must be able to read and decipher construction drawings and specification
- Experience in field investigations and building rehabilitations including structural, envelope, façade and roof assessments preferred
- Experience interacting with clients, contractors, homeowners, and tenants is required
- Effective cost analysis experience
- Knowledge of general construction means and methods a plus
- Ability to travel throughout Dallas and surrounding regions
- Ability to solve complex structural and architectural issues
- Experience with project ownership from inception to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to describe and explain complex issues in a concise and persuasive manor
- Experience with design software is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
- Ability to carry 50 lbs is required and physically able to climb in and around structures/buildings
Company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.