Forensic Engineering and Building Science-Project Manager, Building Science Group
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
My client is a leading global provider of building and forensic science experts who provide a comprehensive and diverse range of engineering, rehabilitative design, consulting, enclosure commissioning (BECx), construction management, and field performance testing services. They have a reputation as a trusted advisor and industry leader that has contributed to their unprecedented growth and expansion over the past 3 years.
The primary focus of the Project Manager will be development of and execution of Building Science projects for the company's Mid-west region. Depending on project needs, travel may be required and limited to short term and relatively infrequent trips within the general region. This may require, from time to time, attendance at events outside of normal business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform BSG type work to include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
· Direct client liaison and technical lead for building enclosure consulting and commissioning (BECx) services on both new construction and major renovation projects including the following:
- Pre-design and design phase consultation and charrette meetings with project teams
- Technical 3rd party design phase peer reviews and reports
- Writing and/or consulting on building enclosure basis-of-design (BOD), BECx specifications, and BECx plans.
- Pre-construction phase QC checklists, shop drawing/submittal reviews, and meetings
- Developing functional test procedures (FTP’s) and test plans for BECx testing regimens.
- Perform on-site construction phase quality assurance observations, reporting, and participate in construction phase meetings
- On-site building envelope mock-up and field performance testing and reporting
- As-built building enclosure site condition assessments and reporting
· Collaborative participation at design, pre-construction, and construction phase meetings to discuss client and project team positions on reviewed documents and offer insightful evaluation and sound recommendations
· Lead (or participate in) pre-construction meetings to ensure that the respective parties are aware of the potential challenges associated with the building envelope
· Act as the on-site liaison for company client and primary vendors on site
· Expert understanding of enclosure installation quality and timing of events and the upstream and downstream impacts to the schedule
· Perform and or facilitate building envelope related field testing (ASTM E783, E1105, AAMA 501.2, ASTM E779, etc.) as needed
· Initiates and maintains continual communication with clients and project team members to facilitate project activities.
· Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.)
· High school diploma/equivalent required
· 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture is desired, but could be offset with duration and level of experience within the industry
· Minimum of 5 years’ previous building envelope consulting experience required; 8+ years is preferred
· Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and subcontractors within all levels of an organization
· Must have strong practical understanding of building envelopes/enclosures and constructability
· Positive experience interacting with clients is required
· Ability to travel throughout Mid-West Region
· Experience with project ownership from inception to completion
· Strong communication and documentation skills
· Experience with design and/or field management software (THERM, WUFI, BIM360, BlueBeam, etc.) is a plus
· Other industry affiliated certifications such as Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC), Building Enclosure Commissioning Provider (BECxP), etc. are a plus
· Ability to carry 50 lbs is required and physically able to climb in and around structures/buildings
· Organized with the ability to work independently, successfully navigate changing priorities, and strict deadlines.
My client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.