Project Manager-RehabilitationIf you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.Company Profile:
My client is a leading global provider of building and forensic science experts who provide a comprehensive and diverse range of engineering, rehabilitative design, consulting, enclosure commissioning (BECx), construction management, and field performance testing services. They have a reputation as a trusted advisor and industry leader that has contributed to their unprecedented growth and expansion over the past 3 years.Position Summary:
The Rehabilitation Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing all aspects of Company’s rehab projects. This role will be primarily responsible for overseeing multiple projects and providing building science recommendations and consultative engineering services to clients while providing technical review, mentorship, and training to specialists and technicians.
Project responsibilities will include managing a rehabilitation project from investigation/assessment through design, bidding and finally construction administration.
Acts as technical liaison on matters pertaining to field of practice; applies advanced techniques, modifications and theories. Performs with little guidance or oversight and high degree of discretion and judgement.Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the rehabilitation project manager is to plan, direct, and coordinate each of the critical rehabilitation project life cycle phases. These phases typically involve the following:Assess
- Conduct on site investigations and field review of existing buildings
- Review background documentation to determine original construction detailing and identify areas of risk (i.e. water penetration, air leakage, and/or condensation, etc.)
- Prepare and present reports and presentations of findings that document the existing conditions and evaluate future risks and provide recommendations for rehabilitation and/or maintenance.
- Collection and storage of evidence for expert opinion reports
- Participate and/or lead in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and/or other consultants for the rehabilitation of Properties that vary in size and complexity.
- Provide design recommendations and design review of building enclosure assemblies and details.
- Conduct drawing, detail and specification reviews
- Review Manufacturer’s shop drawings for conformance with the project intent, performance with respect to the various building science principles, and for any scheduling of work issues.
- Conduct on-site quality assurance observations to review construction for conformance to contract documents, industry standards, manufacturer requirements and/or best practices.
- Prepare site visit reports
- Conduct Construction Contract Administration services including RFI review, submittal review, pay app requests, weekly meetings, etc.
- Provide oversight of technicians and specialists performing field review including technical and directional advice. Review site visit reports for consistency and technical accuracy
- Assume full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, and execution
- Act as trusted advisor to Clients and prospective Clients; own and develop the Client relationship
- Explore opportunities to enhance service with or up sale existing clients/projects
- Proactively keep clients and stakeholders informed of project status and changes
Qualifications and Skills
- Perform project tracking and quality control including; regular project status reviews of actual vs planned; ; take appropriate actions to address variance to project plan; follow standardized procedures for change orders and all company processes/procedures
- Manage time and resources effectively using the department look ahead planner; maintain and communicate schedule
- Ensure personal utilization consistently above 90%
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in civil or structural engineering, construction or architecture preferred
- P.E./AIA or other relevant licensure preferred
- Certification in industry-specific technical areas (roofing, fenestrations, waterproofing, commissioning)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in architecture, engineering and/or construction industry required
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting site observations during construction required
- Specialized focus in 5 or more industry areas of technical expertise (roofing, cost estimating, etc) preferred
- Strong understanding of residential, commercial, or institutional building design and construction required
- Extensive knowledge of building enclosure design principles required
- Ability to communicate complex technical information and build rapport with clients, contractors, sub-contractors, employees and other industry stakeholders via written & verbal reports, and presentations
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Excellent skills in technical writing and communication
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Must have ability to lead and contribute to team in a collaborative, interactive environment
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail, and consistency in work product
- Previous experience working for a general contractor for rehabilitation projects preferred
- Previous experience working with project accounting and budget management preferred
- Preferred proficiency in one or more design/modeling software programs, including AutoCAD; Bluebeam®, WUFI, THERM, etc preferred
- Travel is required
- Must be able to independently lift 25 lbs.
Company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.