|To prepare cost estimates for bidding and to manage designated projects throughout Wyoming.
Full-time, year-round position which may require some traveling in Wyoming.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare detailed costs estimates for designated projects utilizing HCSS Heavy Bid software.
• Must be extremely detail oriented and understand how to prioritize work load.
• Review and understand project plans and specifications.
• Solicit and analyze subcontractor & supplier quotes.
• Perform quantity takeoffs for preparing estimates.
• Determine production rates, haul routes, phasing, etc. for estimating purposes.
• Consistently deliver accurate & timely estimates.
• Must be able to effectively communicate information used during the bidding process to the field.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Manage various projects throughout Wyoming.
• Understand plans and specifications for multiple projects and agencies.
• Develop and maintain project schedules for multiple projects to ensure timely completion.
• Attend preconstruction meetings and weekly progress meetings.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel and subcontractors.
• Ensure timely delivery of materials.
• Supervise and direct reporting project managers.
• Monitor safety and ensure a safe work environment.
• Daily communications with engineers, inspectors, superintendents, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
• Schedule utility locates/meets as required to ensure project schedules are maintained.
• Monitor progress of crews and subcontractors on assigned projects
• Must be able to communicate and resolve project issues timely and efficiently.
• Implement project SWPPP and monitor erosion control on projects and complete all reports.
• Monitor traffic control on projects and meet all reporting requirements.
• Maintain a project diary and provide project updates to management.
• Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
• Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Experience: 5+ years minimum working as a Project Manager/Estimator and a minimum of 10 years in the construction industry.|