Roofing & Waterproofing Consultant-Denver, CO
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Global firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world is seeking experienced consultants with expertise in the area of roofing and waterproofing
Individuals will have full responsibility for projects including developing investigative work scopes, resolving technical issues on projects, maintenance of client relationships, management of project teams, and responsibility for client deliverables. Consultants should be self-starters, and be able to work with a great team of professionals.
- Minimum five years' experience with the technical aspects of the roofing and waterproofing industry
- Sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to roofing and waterproofing performance
- Knowledge of multiple types of roofing and waterproofing systems
- Degree in engineering or architecture, construction management, engineering technology, building science or a related field preferred
- Professionally licensed Architect or Engineer preferred, will consider applicable Roof Consultants Institute RRO, RWC, or RRC certifications
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit
- Mature professional, with the desire and ability to mentor and develop junior staff
- Experience managing projects of varying sizes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active in professional organizations
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Ability to attend meetings at various office, field and construction sites
- Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Works well as a member of a group
Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Considered a thought leader on a subject
Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelor of Engineering or better.
Bachelors or better in Construction Mgmt.
Bachelors of Architecture or better.
Roofing and Waterproofing industry experience
Licenses & Certifications-Preferred:
Registered Roof Observer
Reg. Roof Consultant
Reg. Waterproofing Cons
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
Will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.