If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client’s culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Our client is seeking a Project Superintendent with Water/Wastewater Treatment Facility construction/renovation and/or other heavy industrial facility construction/renovation experience on projects of $10M or greater to join their team and to work on some of the most unique, challenging and complex projects in the Northeast.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpreting contract drawings, specifications, and submittals
- Work with Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Foremen, to facilitate construction project plan
- Supervise Foremen, trade crews, and subcontractors for execution of project
- Project safety oversight and enforcement
- Work with project team to establish, maintain, and track adherence to project budget
- Ensure proper oversight and retention of documents relevant to project
- Tracking fabrication and delivery of product and equipment
- Keep accurate notes, records, sketches, daily reports, and field books to describe and verify the planned work; as well as the completed work that will be incorporated into the project's record documents
- Research and recommend solutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors technical conflicts and quality control issues
- All other duties as needed and assigned by management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction and quality control
- Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
This position is responsible for the oversight of other teammates
This is a full-time, exempt position
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with occasional out of state and overnight travel. Less than 20% travel expected.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is preferred
- Experience with project planning and scheduling, contracts, and project controls and procedures preferred
- Experience and/or background in Civil Engineering disciplines, water, wastewater and heavy industrial process systems highly preferred
- Intermediate use of entire Microsoft Office Suite required
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and safely maneuver around the nearby presence of various construction equipment and vehicles, on an active construction site
- Prepared to regularly encounter moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and a variety of outside weather conditions
- Able to climb temporary or permanent stairs, and ladders
- Able to bend, squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, balance and stoop, reach on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus