|Responsible to safely and efficiently supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in asphalt paving while producing a quality asphalt product in a timely manner.|
|1. Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment
2. Minimum 3 years experience in product line
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|Dutes and/or Responsibilities|
|1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Safely and properly supervise and coordinate activities of workers
3. Communicate paving crew needs with dispatch and to the plant
4. Work with crews, inspectors, and subcontractors to complete projects
5. Produce quality asphalt product within specifications
6. Coach/Assist employees
7. Tour work site to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules and to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment.
8. Measure slope and thickness of paving to verify compliance with contract.
9. Measure distances from reference points to locate boundaries of construction site.
10. Directs work crews engaged in operation of vehicles and machines.
11. Verifies curvature of graded surface using hand level.
12. Supervise bituminous paving crews, aggregate production crews or crews engaged in operating machines to tamp, roll and smooth surface for subgrade of highway.
13. Approve and submit work hours for crew and pertinent job information daily
14. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written)and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
15. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
16. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, Lockout/Tagout, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.