|Responsible to plan and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in extracting minerals from underground or surface mines, pits, or quarries. To manage and grow aggregate sales and distribution while striving to improve product quality and consistency and reduce production costs through coordination and synergy with the aggregate product line
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure daily equipment, walk around and site inspections are completed to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Research historical and monitor current performance by working with the accounting staff
3.Work with the sales manager, sales team, asphalt, construction, concrete & aggregate product lines to determine pricing methodology for products; pricing by location & product; forecast sales by plant; maintain a quote system that will include current/potential customers & products.
4. Work with accounting and billing to produce accurate and timely invoices and statements; manage customer lists; monitor customer credit and collections; set up locations as needed and measure performance against sales goals
5. Manage a dispatch/delivery system that will process & deliver orders to customers in an efficient manner, provide for an efficient ticketing process; manage outsourced transportation needs including yearly negotiation of fees; monitor product work with the Aggregate product line to ensure product availability & quality
6. Provide employees with the training in the areas of customer service, quality, up-to-date industry information, and cross training for safe and efficient work operations
7. Be familiar with company policy, safety and environment regulations and other regulatory agencies to ensure compliance at all work sites
8. Work with division quality and production managers to improve quality and consistency of aggregate products
9. Update & maintain delivery, loading & weighing equipment as needed
10. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
11. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
12. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
|1. Five or more years of aggregate industry experience in a supervisory role & WYDOT aggregate production experience.
2. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure and acceptable driving record.
10+ Years asphalt plant / mechanical experience
3.Understanding of asphalt and concrete mix designs, quality control processes, and specifications.
4.General understanding of the importance of equipment operations and following maintenance schedules.
5.Ability to set estimated budgets and track expenses for projects including mobilization and maintenance projects.
6.Ability to maintain strategic relationships with vendors and suppliers.
7.Attention to upholding our safety culture.
8. Strong mechanical / electrical background preferred
9.Use of computer and software programs such as Excel and Microsoft required.