Pipeline Survey Technician
Location: Glendive, Montana
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Large energy-focused corporation with more than eight decades of energy-field experience in the Rocky Mountain Region seeks a Pipeline Survey Technician
in their Glendive, Montana office. This position pays hourly with OT and employees work a minimum of 40 hours per week and could go up to 54 hours per week with weekends off. When in the office (50% of the time), employee’s typically work 4 – 9 hour days and 4 hours on Friday and can start as early as 6:30 a.m. When out in the field (50% of the time) it depends on the project, employees may work 8 – 11 hours per day.
My client is looking for an energetic person that wants to join a progressive, stable company and work and grow in their Glendive Office. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and a high regard for the survey profession with strong technical abilities who wants to be part of a growing company that looks to hire the best in the industry.
: Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routing for self and others. Perform a variety of technical duties in the areas of surveying and mapping in support of supervisors, land surveyors, project engineers, and the Geographic Information System (GIS) personnel.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree with technical emphasis (survey, civil or Geomatics preferred)
- Or, 3 plus years equivalent technical survey/mapping experience
- Familiarity with survey technology and skills: AutoCAD, Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) education or experience
- Pipeline/route surveying experience is desirable
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and commercially available software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Recognize matters needing attention and take initiative to act
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Frequent travel
- Meet the physical challenges of survey field work when necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Ability to work in field and/or office setting.
- Assist supervisors, land surveyors, project managers, engineers, and GIS personnel with surveys and mapping of routes for new pipeline construction, pipeline relocations and replacements, as builts, topo, well locations, and tracts of land.
- Prepare exhibits, constructions maps and pipeline design drawings.
- Write centerline descriptions/legal descriptions for pipelines, access, tracts and other miscellaneous facilities
- Maintain maps, drawings, and records to assure accurate representation of company facilities.
- Assist with special studies, cost and budget estimates, reports, data requests, line locating or other projects as may be required.
- Perform any special tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
A highly competitive salary
and comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, dental/vision insurance, 401k, and additional benefits.