Some key responsibilities include:
- Defines work scope solicit and select subcontractors
- Proficient in quantity takeoffs
- Proficient in organizing and assembling estimates
- Successful in hard bidding projects, organize scopes of work
- Proficient in conceptual estimating through the CM Process (Program, Schematic, DD, CD, etc) working with architects and engineers in design, successful in managing the construction budget.
- Understands means and methods of construction. Know the different labor productivity rates of these items.
- Understands CPM Scheduling and can translate into construction budget.
- Clearly communicates with Subcontractors scheduling expectations.
- Knows unit costs of different construction materials and labor
- Knows overall SF cost of construction for different building types
- Knows typical/average system costs for multiple building types, i.e. foundations, substructure, superstructure, exterior skin, roofing, interiors, etc.
- Understands VE process and can lead a working session
- Has developed important relationships with subcontractors that helps in winning work
- Proficient in presenting estimates to an owner.
- Participates in forecast meetings and tracks budget vs. actual costs through construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or other related field
- 7-10 years of experience estimating commercial construction projects for a General Contractor
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Timberline experience preferred
We seek honest, smart, hardworking, lifetime-learners who are undeniably good at what they do. We expect listening, teamwork, and collaboration. In return we promise respect, rewards and an environment that will support world-class work on important projects. Our people often say that they are doing the very best work of their careers here.
- 100 % premiums coverage for Medical, Dental insurance
- Employer contribution for HSA (Health Savings Account) each month
- 401k with Match
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- PTO & Holidays