If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Estimator to join our team of construction professionals in Phoenix, AZ. This position is responsible for producing detailed estimates from preliminary design through the construction phase. Estimators will evaluate drawings and bid specifications to determine project requirements and estimate costs to achieve profitability goals for the company. Looking for someone with about 4-7 years of experience.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Defines work scope solicit and select subcontractors
- Proficient in quantity takeoffs
- Proficient in organizing and assembling estimates
- Successful in hard bidding projects, organize scopes of work
- Proficient in conceptual estimating through the CM Process (Program, Schematic, DD, CD, etc) working with architects and engineers in design, successful in managing the construction budget.
- Understands means and methods of construction. Know the different labor productivity rates of these items.
- Understands CPM Scheduling and can translate into construction budget.
- Clearly communicates with Subcontractors scheduling expectations.
- Knows unit costs of different construction materials and labor
- Knows overall SF cost of construction for different building types
- Knows typical/average system costs for multiple building types, i.e. foundations, substructure, superstructure, exterior skin, roofing, interiors, etc.
- Understands VE process and can lead a working session
- Has developed important relationships with subcontractors that helps in winning work
- Proficient in presenting estimates to an owner.
- Participates in forecast meetings and tracks budget vs. actual costs through construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience estimating commercial construction projects for a General Contractor
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Timberline experience preferred
We seek honest, smart, hardworking, lifetime-learners who are undeniably good at what they do. We expect listening, teamwork, and collaboration. In return we promise respect, rewards and an environment that will support world-class work on important projects.
- 100 % Medical & Dental premium paid for
- HSA (Health Savings Account) with monthly employer contribution
- 401k with Match
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- PTO & Holidays