Position duties and responsibilities:
1. Direct oversight of all employees on project. Includes hiring, orientation, providing daily direction and discipline of all on-site employees.
2. Responsible for all construction activities related to the project. This includes scheduling, assigning of resources and monitoring of daily progress. This also includes coordinating with suppliers and subcontractors.
3. Responsible for entire job site safety program. This includes complying with and implementation of all company standards and any state and federal regulations as applicable. Supt. is responsible for subcontractor’s safety compliance also.
4. Will collect necessary job data and evaluate project profitability on a daily basis. Supt. will be responsible to assure project costs stay within established budgets.
5. All purchases initiated from the job site will be approved by the Supt.
6. Supt. will report directly to assigned Project Manager. Supt. will communicate timely and effectively to the Project Manager on all aspects of project.
1. 5 years experience as Supt. in heavy/civil/highway construction, especially grading.
2. Ability to direct and monitor the layout, staking and verification of grades and survey controls for projects.
3. Proven knowledge of current state and federal construction safety regulations.
4. Basic computer skills
5. A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
6.. Posses the ability to communicate effectively, especially written communication.