If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Senior Reservoir Engineer - Business Development
The Business Development Senior Reservoir Engineer will be a member of the Permian Business development team located in Midland, Texas. The Business Development Senior Reservoir Engineer works independently to apply the fundamental and analytical reservoir skills to growth opportunities. This includes the technical evaluation of acquisitions, divestitures and acreage trades on existing assets as wells as exploration evaluations in new areas. This position operates under limited review while handling assignments of a broad scope and moderate difficulty.
- Analyze the data with a holistic tool kit including rate or pressure transient analysis, and decline curve analysis
- Provide estimations of resource volumes and recoverable hydrocarbons using probabilistic and deterministic volumetrics, EURs, and recovery factors
- Incorporate reservoir studies of existing assets to determine completion and spacing optimization potential in new areas
- Incorporates advanced production analysis in to workflow for well evaluation and forecasting purposes
- Develop correlations between geological and completion variables and well performance
- Strong Spotfire, Aries, and Fekete skills
- A broad understanding of reserves, budgeting, AFE/development planning, production engineering, completion engineering, and land is a plus
- Ability to assemble and analyze data from various internal systems including Aries, AVM, and external well data from IHS or other publically available sources
- Ability to advise on better methods for data collection and retrieval, loading, manipulation, and management for use by groups both within the business development engineering team and other asset development groups.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with facilities
- S. degree in Engineering is required
- 5-12 years of reservoir engineering experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Experienced in the asset development of unconventional (horizontal) resource plays. Strong understanding of oil and gas economic evaluations and their appropriate application. Command of fundamental reservoir engineering disciplines including decline curve analysis (DCA), rate transient analysis (RTA), volumetrics, recoveries, fluid behavior, simple analytical history matching, and flow regime identification. Understands important geological, petrophysical and geochemical properties for unconventional plays. Working knowledge of different completion types, designs and fluid systems. Proficient and strong ability to learn and apply new skills and technologies. Proficient and strong use and application of standard engineering principles and techniques including industry and company standards in assigned discipline. Can easily identify limitations in data set and range in certainty of results