Vice President, West Coast Region
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.Company Overview
- Job Title: Vice President
- Reports To: President & CEO
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
My client is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. They serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Their continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to their own CORE values of:
They are a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to their continued success, they are expanding their staff to meet the demand and need of their clients. The culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company, the Divisional Vice President provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Division executes operational management, controls and Business Development strategy to effectively grow the Division. This role ensures regional Directors and Department Managers and Project Managers are accountable for designated areas of responsibility, staffing, policy and practice compliance, and able to meet obligations toward the Division’s objectives. Identifies areas of unsatisfactory operational performance and develops corrective actions for resolution. This role is responsible for understanding their respective markets and competition.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the Division to achieve and surpass sales, office and project profitability, cash flow and business goals and objections.
- Participates in strategic planning, provides leadership, and executes to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the Division.
- Alignment and collaboration; builds and promotes partnership between Regional Director of Operations and Business Development; regularly interacts with, provides and relays information between the Executive team and the Regional Directors to accomplish the goals of the company; interacts regularly with all Division leaders to ensure consistency in interpretation and execution of company policies, procedures and strategy.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises management staff effectively. Implements development initiatives & corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with and utilizes Human Resources as appropriate. Works with Regional Directors and Departments Managers regarding employee reviews and compensation plans.
- Identify potential strategic partners, alliances and relationships within Division; work with and through Regional Director of Business Development to foster partnerships.
- Develop and maintain high-profile external relationships within customer constituents, professional organizations.
- Monitors, and reports on progress to sales/revenue goals & operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of monthly sales projections, proposals, cost and labor over runs. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Participates in project pricing, scoping, strategic proposal development, and client negotiations to ensure project profitability, and appropriate risk reward relationship. Provides contract review/negotiations and execution for projects and works with the managers regarding invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Works with the Regional Directors, Business Development and Department Managers to ensure service relevance, delivery excellence, and client satisfaction.
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and presents suggestions to Executive team for consideration.
- Promote a sales culture and model trusted advisor relationships with internal and external clients.
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering/Architecture related discipline
- 10 + years experience in Engineering, Architecture or construction management
- Demonstrated experience meeting operational business goals; experience must include previous management of weekly/monthly operational and financial metrics
- Previous experience leading and mentoring a team of direct reports
- Preferred PE or AIA license
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with team, clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Ability to effectively accept coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and mentor team
- Must have practical understanding of building structures
- Anticipates and plans for changes in client needs, new technology and industry conditions
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound discretion and judgment in all situations
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- High level of financial acumen
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
- Exude confidence in all actions; Earn respect and encourage accountability thru Company Core Values. Admit mistakes
- Cool under pressure; able to trouble shoot with a clear mind
- Curiosity; Explores the unknown; culture, staff, industry, services
- Understands value proposition
- Seeks to understand
- People Focused; Able to adapt well, and appreciate differences
- Caring; treats others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect
- Considers human element and responds empathetically
- Managerial courage; Doesn’t hold back; provides direct, competent and actionable feedback to others
- Faces people or problems quickly and directly
- Is not afraid to take negative action if needed
- Analytical Mind
- Eye for details
- Ability to predict future outcomes, trends with data
- Synthesizes large amounts of information and distills into actionable components
My client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). They offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.