Experienced Structural Engineer-Honolulu, HI
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Experienced Structural Engineer
Location: Honolulu, HI
My client is seeking an Experienced Structural Engineer with a depth of project and client management. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded professional with industry-recognized expertise in one or more of my client’s practice areas, who is capable of tackling complex structural engineering assignments in a collaborative fashion. The candidate will also be expected to mentor staff and make contributions to the internal operations and initiatives of the company.
My client is a global firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world. Since 1956, their applied experience from more than 125,000 projects and their state-of-the-art laboratory and testing facilities have made them a leader in providing innovative yet practical solutions to the clients they serve.
Their vision starts with people who want to be the standard setters and who realize there are always new standards to set. As such, my client looks to recruit staff with certain non-negotiable qualities: Character, Commitment, Expertise, and Enthusiasm.
As an experienced Engineer, your role scope will include:
- Degreed in a related field with 8-10 years or more of relevant experience and expertise in one or more of client’s primary practices
- Registration as a structural engineer in Hawaii
- Client management, team leadership, and business development
- Evaluation, investigation, and repair design for building envelope and structural systems
- Familiarity with reinforced concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems is required
- Experience managing a range of projects from small to large
- Active in professional organizations
- Ability to work in the field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
My client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans. (VEVRAA federal contractor)
They will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
- Ability to attend meetings at various office, field, and construction sites
- Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Works well as a member of a group
Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Inspired to perform without outside help
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Bachelors or better in Structural Engineering or related field.
Relevant work experience
Licenses & Certifications