Under the direction of the Parts Manager, the Outside Parts Sales Executive will develop new accounts, recover lost accounts, and manage established accounts. The Outside Parts Sales Executive sells parts to customers on an assigned route while building and promoting new parts business on this route by growing existing business and cold calling new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell, promote, and provide exceptional service to new customers.
- Perform a minimum of 10 sales cold calls a week in the assigned route.
- Maintain accurate documentation in reports, quoting and other internal communication.
- Delivery of existing orders for customers.
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive account specific growth strategies.
- Service existing accounts and communicate with clients on a regular basis.
- Follow up on orders to ensure that customers are served promptly.
- Discuss use and features of various parts.
- Advise counter person on delivery instructions.
- Participate in annual inventory.
- All other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Relationship Building Skills
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or GED or better in General.
3 years: Business to business sales experience, knowledge of truck parts, and customer service orientation.
Licenses & Certifications