Project Engineer for our construction services operations.
This is a full time position located in Boise, Idaho
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Construction Manager, Project Manager, and Project Superintendent with the execution and management of Heavy/Highway projects including: safety, scheduling, cost tracking, prepare submittals, material procurement, prepare RFIs and maintain RFI log, track quantities and assist with pay estimates, analyze project plans and specs to ensure quality project delivery, and subcontractor management.
• Prepare cost estimates and proposals including quantity takeoffs, solicit and analyze subcontractor/materials supplier quotes, and determine production rates.
• Communicate and document effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with all project stakeholders in a sometimes stressful/high paced environment. Self-motivated team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Assist production crews with labor and equipment operating activities to gain experience with grading, utility installation, concrete, and asphalt installation.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
|• Qualified applicant must currently have a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or working towards their degree
• Fluency in Microsoft Office required, with experience in HCSS -- Heavy Bid and Heavy Job --preferred.
• Knowledge of GPS and construction surveying with the ability to build 3D GPS models preferred
• Successful applicant must have a valid driver's license and a qualifying driving record under Company Policy.
Job requires steady to intermittent physical activity including: standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, walking on uneven ground, lifting, carrying, pushing, etc