If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
ESTIMATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Accurately price and estimate work in various segments including residential, large commercial, small commercial and municipal jobs. Manage all aspects of paving contracts including contract administration, subcontractor coordination/payment, job cost tracking, collections and project close out. Develop a strong customer base through customer relations and negotiating skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline
- Prepares estimates for Director review and comments prior to sending to clients.
- Solicits information and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Demonstrates effective negotiation skills and judgment to gain better pricing from subcontractors
- Understands the scope for specific trades assigned; reviews bid requirements thoroughly and asks clarifying questions as needed
- Communicates with clients on bids to ensure we are bidding projects accurately and timely.
- Thoroughly tracks the project from start to finish including:
- Enters all relevant information into Viewpoint.
- Creates and maintains Bid Log in Summit Quickbase and maintains this database and updates with win / loss on projects to help understand our hit rate percentages.
- Prepare changes orders brought in by project managers.
- Facilitate importing estimates accurately from B2W into Viewpoint for Job Setup
- Works with internal peers to ensure smooth and effective operations:
- Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with Construction Manager to close business
- Review drawings with Project Management
- Review Bid vs Build and understand how variances occur to gain that knowledge
- Works effectively with subcontractors to ensure Austin Materials and client goals are met:
- Understands how to fit subs to the size/scope of project
- Awards subs in a timely manner to ensure release of materials
- Ensures that subs are aware of (and commit to) the project schedule
- Provide subs with as much information as possible (PM, Super, permit status, etc.)
- Seeks & qualifies new subcontractors
- Performs a comprehensive "bid day" analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades
- Releases materials for record only when possible
- Is active in AGC, ACEA, TXAPA events to represent the company and gather information on upcoming work bidding. IE Attend Forecast Meetings.
- Communicates any variances in project (scope, cost, sub status, etc) to Director and PM in a timely and thorough manner
• Project management and field supervisory experience a strong plus
• Thorough understanding of paving, sub-grade and related subcontractor operations
• Ability to develop professional relationships with customer representatives and officials from local agencies
• Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
• Strong communication skills, both one-on-one and in group settings within and outside the organization
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other web based software
• Must be detailed oriented and able to work effectively under deadlines
• Adaptable and able to switch gears effectively
• Support corporate compliance programs, such as Safety and DOT
- Medical and Pharmacy
- Basic Life Insurance Available
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K - 4% Match
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program (Up to $1200.00 discount on Health Insurance)
- Gold's Gym Membership (50% subsidized)