Provides overall management direction to one or more projects, establishes project objectives and policies, maintains liaison with client, and monitors construction and financial activities through administrative direction of onsite superintendent; as well as mentoring Project Engineers and Managers.
- Manages personnel development
- Manages a project dedicated staff and establishes roles and expectations for each member
- Negotiates the largest subcontracts and purchase agreements including terms and conditions
- Operates as a bid lead with actual cost information to enhance and increase the accuracy of future bids
- Manages critical subcontractors
- Initiates and maintains relationships with clients, subcontractors and vendors.
- Creates and manages a schedule of values and pay applications
- Assists in creating and carrying out a job specific safety plan.
- Ensures a quality control plan is developed and implemented.
- Manages the procurement process including labor, equipment, materials and subcontracts.
- Prepares and maintains accurate financial forecasting with an emphasis on labor, equipment and cash flow.
- Creates and manages the project schedule (cost and resource loaded as required)
- Participates in all preconstruction services.
This Job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time and this job description may be revised with or without notice.