The position of Heavy Diesel Truck Mechanic will be instrumental in the repair and maintenance of Redi-Mix Trucks, Tractors and trailers. Knowledge of A/C systems, Allison Transmissions, Cummins and Detroit engines a plus. This position requires management resources in adherence with all company standards, policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all federal and state regulations, including OSHA, TCEQ etc.
Duties and responsibilities
- Will analyze malfunctions of all company equipment and perform repairs, rebuilds and maintenance of all equipment.
- Dismantle and reassembles equipment, using hoist and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage and excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and sub-assemblies, such as transmissions, hydraulic cylinders, etc.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Servicing equipment as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Minimum two years of related experience and/or a combination of both. Thorough knowledge of diesel, A/C and other related heavy vehicles and equipment. Able to use computer software in analyzing and troubleshooting engine and transmission fault codes. CDL is preferred but not required. Experience with preventative maintenance with trucks and trailers.
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office products and some ability to adapt to other computer software.