If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Looking for a Concrete Structures Superintendent who is experienced in overseeing and managing heavy civil concrete projects consisting of substructure and superstructure pre-cast and cast-in-place bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures, bridge deck replacement, falsework, and post tensioned concrete for large heavy civil projects.
Provide direction to working crews for existing projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients, geographical area or type of project.
Roadway Superintendent responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read, understand, interpret, and enforce safety policies and practices.
- Read and understand plans, specifications and local building codes.
- Schedules and documents all required inspections, quality testing, or other compliance requirements.
- Comply with and document environmental permits and inspections.
- Completes daily reports such as units complete, safety reports, EEO meetings and weekly unit cost worksheets.
- Read and understand global project schedules and generate two-week construction schedules weekly.
- Schedule and order materials, inspections and manpower in order to meet project schedules and specifications.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Confers with and directs personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Maintain a general knowledge of equipment used on the job including basic understanding of equipment limits and designed purposes.
- Track delivery, use and completion of rentals on the job.
- Complete regular performance reviews for employees under his/her direction in a complete and timely manner. Ensures the employee understands the review, signs the review form and is provided a copy for his/her records.
- Confers with personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Complete 20 hours per year of continued education relating to our field.
- Attend monthly Superintendent meetings and participate actively.
- Manages 0-6 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 0-30 employees in the Forepersons, Operators/Drivers, Laborers, and other constructions workers as per the requirements of the projects. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience and understanding of all phases of heavy civil construction.
- A minimum of 10 years of constructing concrete structures, substructures, pre-cast, cast-in-place bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures, bridge decks, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.