If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Looking for a Concrete Structures Project Manager who is experienced in overseeing and managing heavy civil concrete projects consisting of substructure and superstructure pre-cast and cast-in-place bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures, bridge deck replacement, falsework, and post tensioned concrete for large heavy civil projects.
Provide overall management direction for existing projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients, geographical area or type of project.
Concrete Structures Project Manager responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Human Capital Department, subordinate Project Superintendents, etc.
- Plan, organize and manage materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- Establish project objectives, schedules, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Proactively recognize and manage potential claim/change orders/value engineering issues on projects
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client. Is responsible for the overall profit and loss of each job and proactively seeks profit opportunities on all projects.
- Negotiate Change Orders
- Prepare and update monthly a P3 scheduling for all jobs
- Monthly tracking of profit and loss on all jobs
- Weekly tracking of Labor performance on all jobs
- Handle all correspondence with Owner and Subcontractor
- Ensure acceptable “Contractor Performance Rating” scores for each job.
- Create a positive image for company by managing quality control on projects
- Uphold & maintain all Safety policies and standards on all Projects.
- Review & finalize project costs & adjustments upon project completion
- Review job performance with upper management after completion
- Perform design reviews on design build projects.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- This position supervises all workers on their projects through Project Superintendents as well as the work of Project Coordinators
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical school or university in Engineering, Business Management or Construction Management plus a minimum of five years of experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience and understanding of all phases of heavy civil construction.
- A minimum of 10 years of reading blueprint and specs for heavy civil projects.
- A minimum of 10 years responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Company Truck
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k + 5% matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Growth and Advancement