This position will work closely with Clients, Vendors, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents, Estimators and Accounting. Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, Project Engineer will assist project manager and superintendents.
Time will be spent in the office and field. Depending on the project, but probably 60% spent in the field helping push the project forward to meet deadlines and ensuring accuracy.
Responsible for various assigned project coordination, reports, scheduling, pricing, purchasing and/or lease of construction materials and equipment, job supplies, replacement and repair parts, permanent facility equipment and materials. Essential Duties and Responsibilities are listed below:
- Assists Project Superintendents
- Assisting in public relations, claims, subcontractor back charges, and force account work
- Assisting in ensuring project’s contractor performance rating above 90 percent
- Processing all documents required to start-up project as outlined in project checklist.
- Sub-Contractor Coordination
- Update and maintain C.P.M. under direction of P.M.
- Monthly schedule distribution to field and subcontractors.
- Schedule survey and inspections for field operations.
- Update and maintain as-Built drawings if required.
- Tracking quantities to ensure accurate payment by Owner.
- Managing Blue Stakes.
- Reviewing budgets and adjust job costing.
- Managing change order correspondence and tracking
- Assists and Ensures timely and accurate Project close outs
- Acts as a company liaison with Project Owner and all Subcontractors.
- Prepares RFI’s, submittals and transmittals, change order log and serial letters timely and accurately.
- Maintains issue log weekly.
- Updates correspondence log weekly.
- Track project expenses and records them in Heavy Job/Viewpoint on a weekly basis.
- Track progress of project activities and records them on a weekly basis.
- Assists the Scheduler with the schedule updates in P6.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College, technical school or university in Engineering or Construction Management
- A 1-3 years of project engineer / internship experience with in Heavy Civil construction company.
- A 1-3 years of project engineer /internship experience with Structural concrete projects.
- A 1-3 years of project engineer experience / internship with RFIs, Change Orders, Submittals, Tracking Quantities, etc.
- Knowledge of field concepts, practices, procedures pertaining to commercial construction.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, communicates effectively at all levels of the organization, and lead through influence – with the purpose of driving change and delivering positive outcomes.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision and as a team player
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight, multiple, and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend
- Company Truck
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k + 5% matching
- Tuition Reimbursement\
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Growth and Adbvancement
Share on your newsfeed