Good pay! Good benefits! Good people!
We take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Asphalt Project Manager on our Asphalt team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
To manage Asphalt projects in the company's work area in order to achieve projects that are completed safely, on time and on budget while meeting project requirements.
|1. 2-4 year degree preferred in construction management or engineering from an accredited college or equivalent
2. Minimum years project management experience (will train)
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|1. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame
2. Reviews project proposals to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
3. Establishes work plan and staffing and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
4. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
5. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel.
6. Reviews status report and prepares project reports.
7. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
8. Coordinates and/or solicits DBE contractors
9. Meet with customers and satisfy their needs
10. Meet with subcontractors
11. Monitor subcontractors work
12. Monitor upcoming work
13. Create project schedule & monitor projects from bid to completion
14. Reconcile vendor statements monthly to assure all invoices are paid
15. Prepare billings & collections
16. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
17. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
18. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance, of Knife River workforce as well as subcontractors workforce.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
|* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *|