The Parts Manager will supervise and direct all sales activity, shipping, receiving, inventory control and distribution of truck parts and accessories to customers while achieving company expectations for sales volume and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Management
- Actively manage the outside sales team and counter staff to create sales opportunities.
- Achieve budgeted goals for sales volume, gross margin, inventory turns and department profitability.
- Individualize market development strategies with a focus to maximize profitability and customer penetration.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Monitor and control slow and non-moving stock levels within company guidelines.
- Coordinate retail visual displays and merchandising efforts to maximize impulse purchasing.
- Oversee part warranty and core management procedures.
- Utilize existing tools and work with the centralized inventory control team to maintain an appropriate and efficient part inventory in accordance with approved cost controls.
- Participate in trade shows, open houses and other industry events
- Personnel Management
- Work with Human Resources to select, hire, train and develop employees.
- Provide training and guidance for various Parts Department functions, as necessary.
- Supervise and mentor all employees and ensure all duties are completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree and 6+ years of related experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of related experience preferred. Non-degreed candidates with 10+ years of progressive experience in heavy duty truck parts will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people, processes and priorities.
- Progressive thinker who embraces new ideas and implements change.
- Basic computer skills required; experience with inventory systems, and electronic part catalogs preferred
- Dependable and reliable attendance.
- Valid driver’s license required.
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.