- Job Title: Technical Designer
- Reports To: Department Manager, Forensic Science Group
- Location: Arvada, CO
My client is a leading building science and forensic engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. They serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Their continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to their own CORE values of:
My client is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to their continued success, they are expanding their staff to meet the demand and need of their clients. The culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Technical Designer has responsibilities including the design, production of documents, and specifications for architectural, structural and building science related components of both new and restorative construction. Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation of drawing layout, complex architectural detailing, building system design, and product selection. Receives direction from project managers, Design Manager , and at other national office locations.
Recognized as fully competent in conventional aspects of the architectural, structural and building sciences, and waterproofing subject matter, and resourceful in seeking design assistance, as necessary, from internal experts Proficient in AutoCAD with experience drafting plans, sections, and details, as well as issuing accurate and high-level document packages. Ability to understand typical system detailing and extrapolate the system through the specific details. Learns new practices independently, or in a classroom setting, as deemed appropriate for the practice.
Responsible for organization of documents, drawings, layouts and files. Resourceful, to the extent that product research and comparison can be conducted without help.
Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Production of architectural, structural and building envelope drawings and related deliverables. With the direction of a Designer III or Project managers input.
- Provides ongoing support and assistance to project managers.
- Provides assistance to related field work. Including, but not limited to field verifications, site observations/inspections, consultation, and field testing (ASTM, BECX, and ELD)
- Interact independently with clients, architects, engineers, and construction professionals
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, a 2-year technical degree is preferred
- 5-8 years of progressive designing experience or the equivalent in education and experience required
- 2-5 years architectural design experience required
- 2-5 years building envelope design experience preferred
- Experience producing construction documents highly preferred
- AutoCAD proficiency and customization required
- Bluebeam or alternative PDF editing software experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 3D with the ability to coordinate with outside clients and sub-contractors, is preferred
- Basic understanding of building code and ability to resource the code as reference is preferred
- Maintains professional tact while still being flexible; an understanding individual who can adapt in a changing, fast-paced office environment working with various people
- Advanced verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior Time Management – ability to prioritize large workloads
- Critical thinking – takes initiative – self-motivated
- Exceptional grammar, business writing, and presentation preparation skills including the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Outlook
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to detail and proactively assist with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency
- Travel is required; up to 25% locally and infrequent national travel
My client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.