STRUCTURAL ENGINEER-Forensic Group
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation is seeking a personable, articulate, highly motivated, and qualified individual to join their fast-paced Minneapolis, Minnesota team in a diverse full-time Structural Engineer position within their Forensic Sciences Group. The optimal applicant will thrive in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy working on multiple projects, both in the field and in the office. The right candidate will be enthusiastic with sharp attention to detail and have highly developed written and verbal communication skills. They are seeking a self-motivated individual who will excel in developing solutions for projects across the United States.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for structural forensic consultation, investigation, and design. The responsibilities for this position include scheduling, performing site evaluations, analysis, and assessments of structural and non-structural systems, technical writing, and structural design. The investigations require visual, as well as intrusive examination and as-built condition assessments with conclusions, repair recommendations, and review of cost analysis performed by other specialists on the team. This position requires building and maintaining client relationships, including independent client interaction and consulting with design and construction professionals when required. As is the culture, this position includes both leading and, at times, being a member of company project teams. Some regional and national travel is required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
- Professional Engineer License (PE) required
- Technically competent with the ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and subcontractors
- Must have a practical understanding of building structures
- A minimum of three years’ experience in field investigations, building rehabilitations and structural design
- Experience professionally interacting with clients is required
- Effective cost analysis experience
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and domestically up to 25% of the time
- Ability to solve structural issues as well as non-structural issues (i.e. architectural, water intrusion, roofing, etc.)
- Proven success/experience with project ownership from inception to completion
- Superior communication skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Experience with design software is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
- Ability and willingness to carry 50 pounds is required. Must be physically able to climb in and around structures/buildings with or without reasonable accommodation
- Comfortable working at heights (swing stages, lifts, roofs) with proper safety gear
Competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). They also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.