Building Enclosure-Consultant/Project Manager
My client is seeking an experienced project manager with expertise in building enclosure consulting. As an expert in the design and construction of building enclosures, you will lead projects from start to finish. Your efforts will be supported by industry leaders and an engaged team.
My client is a firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world.
- Critical evaluation of building performance
- Design and construction of building enclosures (especially glazing systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, roofing, and waterproofing systems)
- Principles of moisture storage, management, and transport within enclosure materials and assemblies
- Determining the appropriate use and selection of materials
- Developing building enclosure details and specifications
- Bachelor or master of science in architecture; architectural engineering; civil or structural engineering; building and construction technology; or similar work experience totaling 10 or more years
- Ten or more years of building enclosure consulting
- Professionally licensed Architect or Engineer or applicable Roof Consultants Institute RRO and RRC certifications
- Strong skills in AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, and other programs used to graphically communicate information
- Sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building enclosures.
- Mature professional, with the desire and ability to mentor and develop junior staff
- Confident project management skills (proposal development, fee billings, and client interaction), history of mentoring staff, and excels in construction period services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active in professional organizations
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require
employs extraordinary people at all levels of their organization — people with outstanding character, superior talent, a strong desire to be innovative and excel, and a willingness to work as part of a team. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, and their culture is one of trust and personal responsibility, where every position is important and every individual is expected and supported to grow in their career. If you believe you fit the profile and meet the job requirements - We want to hear from you!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, tablet, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
My client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
They will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
- Ability to attend meetings at various office, field and construction sites
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials and computer screens
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Inspired to perform without outside help
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Master of science in architecture; architectural engineering
Building enclosure consulting