The Environmental Scientist I will work with a group of experienced biologists and ecologists who provide environmental and regulatory compliance support services to a broad range of clients. This position reports to the environmental group manager and other senior environmental scientists on a variety of environmental tasks including field delineations of wetlands and other waters of the U.S., performing tree surveys, collecting GIS data for analysis, preparing GIS maps and exhibits, supporting stormwater pollution prevention efforts, collecting soil and water samples, construction staking, and construction observation.
- Assist senior staff with field delineations of wetlands and other waters of the U.S.
- Assist with Section 404 permitting through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Prepare technical reports
- Conduct tree inventories and tree surveys using GPS equipment
- Prepare GIS-based exhibits
- Prepare stormwater pollution prevention plans and conduct stormwater inspections
- Assist in preparing Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments
- Field locate tree protection fencing and silt fence using GPS equipment
- Collect soil and water samples for lab testing
- Function as support staff to existing business lines (land development and oil & gas)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree in a natural resource- related field
- 1-3 years of environmental science experience in land development industry
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certified Wildlife Biologist
- ISA Certified Arborist certification