The Senior Construction Field Technician is responsible for field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor’s representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Project Manager.
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed.
- Adhere to strict safety standards.
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration.
- Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas.
- Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Minimum 6 months of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I.
- ATTI Field Certification.
- Radiation Safety Training (for nuclear gauge operation).
- Willingness to travel for short or long-term project assignments.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ADOT experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.
- Results-oriented & strong attention to detail required.
- Must be a committed and experienced team player.
- Must be able to work various hours and have a clean MVR record.