Actively seeking a highly motivated Construction Materials Manager for employment in our new Scottsdale, AZ office. We are searching for candidates that have the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive. This position is responsible for supervising, training and motivating all Field Technicians for all ongoing and future projects and to serve as a liaison between the field, the home office and other branches of the company. GTI offers significant growth potential for the motivated individual. Individual development can occur in the areas of project management, client account management, marketing leadership, and business operations management.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
- Must be able to train field technicians and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Motivates, encourages, trains and leads the construction materials testing staff.
- Provides leadership and management of field operations with Technicians, Project Managers and Superintendents.
- Construction liaison for client meetings in regards to Construction Design and Planning.
- Collaborate with other departments through the pre-construction and planning phases.
- Coordinate with Senior Management regarding all changes and updates related to projects.
- Comprehend all plans, specifications, and details for the assigned project(s) and be able to provide accurate information for project estimates and contracting purposes based on those construction plans.
- Schedule and procure tools, equipment, and materials necessary for the project. Ensure all technicians and team members on the jobsite have been trained on the tools and processes necessary to perform their jobs.
- Makes daily construction materials testing decisions to maximize profitability.
- Verify completed scheduled work by the technicians and/or subcontractors and ensure that the materials are being properly tested and ensuring company quality standards are being met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain a mutually positive relationship with the client and management throughout each project; understand and communicate the client’s goals regarding construction materials testing to all field team members and technicians.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with performance of jobs.
- Participate in procuring future projects while helping build client loyalty.
- Create site-specific safety plans and monitor compliance and performance.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources Director for recruitment, safety, and employee relations.
- 5+ years of relevant construction materials testing experience.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications and value engineering.
- Experience with construction management and scheduling software, update and manage schedules on a daily basis.
- Proven results in driving safety initiatives and enforcement.
- Ability to travel to project sites and has a current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Experience in complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in managing operations and executing plans.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with management and clients.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Identify project issues and offer solutions to resolve deficiencies.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.
- Results-oriented & strong attention to detail required.
- Must be a committed and experienced team player.