Heavy civil construction company in Longview, TX has an immediate opening for experienced Asphalt Screed Operator!
• Years of experience in heavy highway, street construction, and resurfacing projects preferred. The Asphalt Screed Operator's primary function is to adjust the screed height on the asphalt paving machine to ensure proper depth, grade, and finish. The asphalt screed operator is also responsible for ensuring the consistency of the asphalt mat, ride quality, and quality of the finished pavement.
Additional responsibilities of this position are:
• Daily maintenance and proper storage of tools and equipment at the end of each shift.
• Installing/removing automatic paving electronics.
• Installing/removing screed extensions.
• Cleaning excess asphalt from paver and proper disposal of debris. The Asphalt Screed Operator position is expected to assist in the overall operation of the crew. This Assistance Includes but Is Not Limited To • Operating other pieces of paving equipment including asphalt rollers, power brooms, skid steer loaders, rubber-tired backhoes, shuttle buggies, and operation of company vehicles with approved driving history. The above-listed job functions require periods of standing, shoveling, raking, walking, and bending.
The job duties are not limited as described and may be supplemented.
Whether you're a seasoned construction pro or simply a beginner with a grand vision, our company is committed to servicing all our clients with the latest equipment and innovations in the heavy civil construction industry. We are the professional and efficient option to work alongside you and your team to help you realize the best possible value and outcome for your heavy civil construction project.
Our clients may vary widely in project size and complexity, but they all recognize the immense value of having a trustworthy partner known for its dedication to excellence that enables them to achieve their business and community goals. We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship and commitment to producing quality projects for every client we take on, and consistently deliver a finished product that's nothing short of a modern marvel.