As a Lead Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will serve as a technical advisor on an engineering team while designing facility mechanical systems including HVAC, steam systems, compressed air and plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications. You are responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating the work of complex projects under minimal supervision. You should have the ability to independently perform detailed HVAC and plumbing systems design. Your technical skills should show an awareness of effective system design and the ability to design and optimize a process for maximum efficiency. You should possess exceptional oral and written communication expertise including skills in presentation and negotiation of critical issues.
- Responsible for the mechanical engineering design of HVAC and plumbing systems for institutional, retail, industrial, and commercial building projects.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include preliminary design, budget analysis, calculations, life cycle costs and equipment selection.
- Conduct surveys to gather field data; prepare drawings, layouts and other visual aids; prepares technical construction specifications.
- Perform site surveys and prepare construction phase site observations to present in detailed technical narrative reports.
- Review the development of designs for compliance with applicable codes, adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Construction administration including review of submittals, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Meet client schedules and internal design and construction administration time budgets.
- Coordinate the activities of engineers, technicians and EITs on projects.
- Perform energy audits, as well as energy modeling.
- Estimate engineering project fee and construction costs.
- Develops or confirms engineering design concepts.
- Promote professional development of EIT’s and designers by being a mentor.
- Participate in Marketing activities and position interviews, as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited Institution, or equivalent four-year degree associated with Mechanical Engineering systems.
- Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Idaho or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the design of mechanical and HVAC systems and distribution.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Engineering Project Management experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and application of International Codes.