Job Summary:To bid and support company established revenue goals by leading cost estimates in order to achieve lowest bid and highest price that the market will allow.
- 2-4 year degree preferred in construction management or engineering from an accredited college or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years estimating experience (Strong technical and/or quantity surveying ability considered)
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame
- Perform complete review of contract documents for designated project estimates
- Develop and execute project specific bid strategy
- Consistently deliver accurate and timely estimates
- Follow up with subcontractors and material suppliers post bid as necessary
- Attend pre-bid meetings, post construction meetings, seminars and training programs as needed
- Develop and maintain effective communications with all customers and suppliers.
- Reviews status report and prepares project reports.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Meet with subcontractors
- Prepare bid documents
- Monitor upcoming work
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.