- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Operating primarily in Colorado and surrounding states
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years (see qualifications below)
- Willing to Travel
- Must be Eligible to Work in the US
Company is a well known, full-service heavy-civil contractor, specializing in building highways, airfields, streets and local roads, parking lots, industrial pavements, and water resource projects. Company is a top 400 ENR Contractor and employs over 350 employees annually.
Maintain and manage the division’s assigned equipment fleet to produce a maximum return on investment by furnishing the highest production and lowest cost equipment to the Division. This is to be accomplished by managing and following the goals and objectives, guidelines and requirements as outlined in the Equipment Section of the Operations Manual.
Responsibilities will include management of Company’s preventative maintenance program, material ordering and logistics management, management of all on and off site repairs for assigned pieces of equipment, technical trouble shooting and oversight of concrete plant/paving spread and supporting pieces. Applicant must have an in-depth knowledge of construction equipment, strong mechanical aptitude and extensive experience with heavy highway construction. Will be expected to achieve optimum utilization of all assigned resources in order to maximize production and minimize costs while overseeing quality work in a safe environment.
Applicant will be project assigned but also must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and surrounding states; work under very rigorous conditions – long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times. Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others. Applicant must be at least 18 years old. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Valid ID, background check, and drug screening are required for all applicants.
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressively responsible construction experience on highway and/or airfield projects up to $50M. Must have previous work experience managing people and extensive knowledge of heavy highway construction equipment.
- Intimate knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulics, power train/drive train and experience with a Preventative Maintenance program and DOT requirements.
- Excellent people skills & works well with others – team player!
- Self-starter & educator
- Possesses excellent organizational/coordination skills
- Computer Skills must include: Microsoft Office (Excel/Word), Viewpoint experience is a plus
- Minimum High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Prefer in-depth knowledge of concrete production and placement
- Trouble shooting and set-up of Concrete pavers and Concrete batch plants (Rex-con, G/Z, Gomaco, Con-E-co, Vince Hagen)
- Mechanical Education/Welding/Fabrication
- Concrete Materials and Mix Design Training
- Knowledge and Experience with Concrete Batch Plant Control Systems
A comprehensive benefits package is provided to meet the needs of our employees at an affordable cost. Company pays the entire cost for some benefits and others require employee cost-sharing.
- Dental (Class I & II)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Travel Expense Reimbursement plans
- Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Recognition plans (based on years of service)
- Company Vehicle Plans
- Relocation (for select positions)
- Operations Incentive Bonus Plan