Responsible to safely supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in grading and efficiently run the gravel/base operation; produce quality gravel/base in timely manner. Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure projects are safely completed on time. In addition, position will consult with customers and sub-contractors to resolve issues. Must be able to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels both within and outside the organization in a professional and timely manner.
1. Over 6 months up to and including 1 year from post high school or high school equivalent, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
2. Experience with HCSS preferred
3. Minimum 2 years construction experience
4. Must have and maintain valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsiblities
1. Assist in directing and coordinating activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame.
2. Consults with project personnel, customers, and subcontractors to resolve problems.
3. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
4. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
5. Ensure OSHA, EPA, MSHA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record under Company policy.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Some travel required.