Sr. Estimator-Heavy Civil Construction, Douglas, WyomingIf you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
Heavy Civil, privately held, construction firm that is a national contractor registered to do business in all 50 states is looking for a SR. Estimator for their Douglas WY regional project office. Offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Housing Allowance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Cell phone, computer, company vehicle
- Career growth-deliberative process of promoting from within
Ability to prepare and/or coordinate complete estimates including analyzing drawings, specifications, proposals, takeoffs and other documentation. Ability to lead and work with an estimate team as required.Education and Experience:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Four year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience.
- 5-8 years estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
- MUST have Hard Dollar Estimating software experience
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, understanding of all CSI disciplines, developing control budgets and cost control measures.
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project or scope as assigned.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Review schedules of projects being estimated.
- Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid.
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Work with Company employees, owners and subcontractors to get commitment/consensus regarding proposed bids.
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project to meet affirmative action requirements and MBE/WBE requirements
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors if necessary
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
- Partner with other estimators to turn project over to production team
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
- Advise on major changes in scope of work.
- Monitor actual cost to estimated cost
- Upon project completion, conduct debriefing with estimating, engineering and production teams to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Conduct or assist Estimating Manager with performance reviews
- Search and analyze options for most effective means and methods of construction
- Understand best value approach to winning new work
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Set productive, consistent, and acceptable work example
- Maintains knowledge of company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction